Aquarium fish and shrimp in the same aquarium
Is it possible to contain freshwater prawns with fish?
Of course you can! However, you should very carefully approach the choice of fish, which can be kept in an aquarium with freshwater shrimp. After all, for most freshwater fish shrimp are a familiar food in a natural environment. So if you don’t want to see fish feast for the whole world where your shrimp will act as a signature dish, we advise you to see a list of fish safe neighborhood with shrimp.
Agree, freshwater aquarium beauty cannot give way to the sea. Well-chosen plants, a variety of invertebrates (shrimp, crayfish, snails) may also complement a rainbow variety of tropical fish. What do you choose to run the fish in the aquarium with shrimp (or Vice versa) is not turned into Armageddon aquarium scale?
If you look at the coexistence of these species in the wild, you will notice that in the natural environment of freshwater shrimp have a more “camouflage” under the environment color. In the aquarium is bright red, lemon, blue, white shrimp, fish look like signal beacons, “eat me!”.
So, the Golden rule when choosing freshwater shrimp for aquarium fish (or Vice versa): “If the size of shrimp is ‘appropriate’ to the mouth of the fish – probably the fish will eat it! ”
What kind of aquarium to choose riboksina with this in mind, the rules for freshwater krevetochnym?
1. Neon blue (neon tetra) – These small fish with a shiny blue stripe in the upper part of the body is very suitable for aquarium with shrimp. Playful, beautiful floating flocks, they will not cause any harm to the shrimp. Neon / cardinal tetras feed on small live food (bloodworms, Cyclops, etc.), as well as well eat dry food. Prefer to live in the upper layers of water, so shrimp, cleaning up after these fish the bottom, plus neighbors for them.
2. Erythrozonus (the glowing Tetra, Hemigrammus erythrozonus) – These small cousins of neon blue also fits perfectly in the shrimp community. These fish are “shy” character, so the first time you can even watch erythrozonus from shrimp hiding among aquatic plants.
3. Harlequin Rasbora (Harlequin Rasboras) are a peaceful schooling fish, feeding on small living or dry food. Attention: you are a danger for newly born shrimps! Therefore, while harlequins are better to transplant in another aquarium.
4. The cardinals (fish, “white cloud”) is not a tropical fish and fish ponds Chinese White Cloud mountains. Beautiful, easy to content. Not picky about food, eat all you can offer them. Even a few days without your feeding, they will eat the algae. Shrimp is completely safe.
5. Indian glass perch ( Chanda ranga, glassfish ) – a beautiful, translucent fish, native to India, having about 15 species. Not predatory, not gregarious, peacefully co-exist with freshwater shrimp. Indian perch feed on small live food: Tubifex, bloodworms, ankaramy, Cyclops, karetai, Daphnia. Love variety in food.
Well, there was a desire to add even more variety to your freshwater aquarium?